Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear mom...

We pull up to the apt I share with a woman you will soon despise

I tell you the truth.

…Not exactly roommates.

I can almost hear your heart beat faster

Your lips press together out of anger

Tears fill your eyes

You can no longer live in denial.

I have just ruined all the good I have done in the past 24 years.

Through your eyes, I am now a disgrace.

I wish it wasn’t the truth either, trust me.

An unknown burden has been lifted from my heart.

But it is now filled with fear.

Fear of being disowned.

You try to argue with me

As if you’re trying to change my mind.

Your too late, these arguments have been happening in my head for years.

It won’t work.

Yes, I’m aware the rest of our family won’t accept this

I know I have a few more hours- before word spreads

I’ll cherish these moments

Soon I’ll be without a family.

But in my defense

You told me to be happy

Well… I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment