Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Late Show

I wanted to re-watch The Late Show with Lily Tomlin and Art Carney.  I can’t remember when I saw it the first time.  Maybe 15 years ago?  Lily was amazing to watch.  What a treat it would have been if she had been able to come out and have that power she had in Hollywood.  It was fun seeing her in the amazing costumes for the film.  Her character was supposed to be a fashion designer/actress/talent agent.  I loved the red hooded full length cape she wore so well.  I wish people would dress like that these days, more interestingly than they do.  The film was supposed to be a spoof of the detective genre.  It worked fairly well.  It’s held up fairly well.  I can’t say it’s a favorite of mine, but it shows Lily’s potential and for that I’m grateful to have seen it a second time.  Now I want to watch all the Cher films for some reason.

[Via http://midcenturycharlie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment